The Chase & District Chamber of Commerce has celebrated over 100 years of service within the community. Join us in fulfilling another 100 more.
Though we’ve been around for a while, we often still get asked, WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO?
We are a collective of businesses, professionals, non-profits, and individuals working together to improve local business, build a stronger community, and continuously enhancing pride within Chase and District. As a non-profit organization we our efforts are supported by membership dues, fee-for-service agreements, and fundraising efforts.
Currently, the Chamber is directing our attention to further tourism development in Chase and area as we believe that focused efforts to enhance the experience of visitors and the attraction of new guests to the area is an essential catalyst for economic growth and stability. The cultural history, natural beauty, and the small-town experience are all key components of our community’s potential. The Chamber works to support private and governmental efforts to enhance and market the district’s tourism potential while also providing front line visitor services at the Visitor Information Centre.
Visitor Information Centre
As the host organization for the Visitor Information Centre, which is the go-to for all area attractions and businesses, our staff and volunteers answer a range of questions that guests have about the community, from where to get a cup of coffee? What hiking trails are available? Where can I buy that one thing I forgot to pack? Our Visitor Information Centre also provides free wifi and washroom facilities for guests who need these essential services. All inquiries are logged so we know where our visitors are coming from and what they are looking for.
Community Resource Hub
One of the most common services the Chamber provides is referrals to member businesses to new residents or those looking to move here. Every week we have people stop by, call, or email us looking for information on businesses and services in town, and we often send out relocation packages to potential new residents. A benefit of joining the Chamber is your business will always be referred to these individuals looking for help.
Advertisements & Marketing
The Chamber designs & places advertisements for Chase in varying publications and platforms throughout the year. These primarily showcase our parks, recreation, things to do and shopping. We also list events and attractions on our own website, social media accounts, as well as the Shuswap Tourism and Destination BC websites. We also produce the print advertising that is distributed to Visitor Information Centres across BC. We all know that advertising costs are expensive, but when you are a member of the Chamber, you’re contributing to help us get people to come to Chase. Members receive the exclusive opportunity to purchase ad spaces in some of these mediums including the Visitor Guide, Tear-Off Map, and Town Map Board.
The Chamber is a supporter/organizer of community events and initiatives, many that may not benefit the Chamber directly – but are activities that many would consider important to our community. From donations to other non-profit organizations, participating on committees, providing a scholarship for youth, handing out and collecting registrations for local clubs, and sharing events through our website and social media platforms, the Chamber recognizes that a strong community is formed through collaboration and partnerships.
In addition to helping us provide all these services our members also receive access to Members Only Benefits.
As members of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the BC Chamber of Commerce our members are able to take advantage of benefits offered through these organizations. To learn more about these benefits available to our members, please click here.
MEET OUR TEAM
Board of Directors:
– Donna Smith-Bradley (Century 21 Lakeside Realty)
– Bryan Salsbury (Royal Bank – Chase)
– Sandra Welton (Welton’s Storage)
– Brenda Murray (PharmaChoice Food & Drug)
– Brock Endean (RedPier Consulting)
Visitor Centre Manager: Debby Mould
Village Liaison: Councillor Fred Torbohm
Do you want to help us make a positive impact in our community?
Complete the form below to join the Chase & District Chamber of Commerce. Once your application is received, we will contact you to collect payment and confirm your details for our website directory.
Code of Conduct & Undertaking:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon the business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber of Commerce and Represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Mission and Goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber of Commerce and where possible lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- Play a role in promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and Activities within Chase and the surrounding areas.
- Business Members include: companies, firms, partnerships, professionals, hotels / motels, bed & breakfasts, tent/trailer Parks, restaurants, agricultural, retail and service businesses and non-profit associations.
- Individual Membership is only available to those who are not directly involved with a business or company that is or could be a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
- 2nd Business must be operated by the same owner. The number of employees will determine between primary and secondary business membership.
- All memberships expire December 31st.
- The cost of affiliate membership in the BC Chamber is included in the membership fee.
- Fees are non-refundable
- Members are entitled to have both a business card and racking card/brochure on display at the Chase Visitor Information Centre.
• On-line through our invoicing program
• By cheque made out to the Chase Chamber of Commerce
• Visa and Mastercard payments may be made over the phone or in person
• Debit and cash payments may be made in person at our office