Member Category: Government & Community
Citizens On Patrol (COP) is a group of citizens who participate in a community based crime prevention program in co-operation with the local law enforcement agency. The Chase Citizens on Patrol program is to encourage dedicated community volunteers to be of assistance to the Police by patrolling designated areas to observe any possible criminal activity. By being an extra set of “eyes and ears” the patrol is able to assist in the deterrence of crime in the community. The patrol is not designed to replace police but allows the police to be able to direct their focus to other areas of potential crime. The day to day operation of the Patrol is supervised by the Chase R.C.M.P. and the program Chairperson.
Want to Join the COP Team? We are always looking for new members!
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Be a resident of Chase Area or own or operate a business in Chase
- Be of good character
- Pass security screening required by RCMP
- Be the “Eyes and Ears” of the community
- Satisfy chairperson of your genuine commitment to the deterrence of unlawful activity in the Community
- Willing to participate in training sessions
- Follow COP policies and procedures
- Keep and maintain proper record
- Maintain a positive and respectful presence in the community
If you are interested in making a mark in your community by becoming a member of this program or you would like more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinators
Rolly 250.679.8467 or
You may also drop in at our COP meeting held second Tuesday each month at 7 p.m. at the Chase Creekside Seniors Center across from the Legion on Shuswap Avenue in Chase.
- 542 Shuswap Ave
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.